Route Gottfried von Bouillon e.V.
deutsch english français nederlands
Sie befinden sich hier:Burgen und Schlösser
Lissingen Castle

Owner
Dr. Karl Grommes
Mehlgasse 14 ? 16
56068 Koblenz
Address
Prümer Straße 1
54568 Gerolstein
Contact
Tel.: (0261) 1 52 42
Fax: (0261) 1 88 98

www.burglissingen.de
Dr.Grommes@t-online.de

How to find

Google Maps

The castle consists of a number of well fortified buildings presumably going back to a Roman foundation. It was first mentioned in 1212 as property of Knight Scheych von Lissingen, who built the oldest part of the present castle in the 13th century. The castle was first a fief of the prince abbey of Prüm, later one of the archbishop and prince bishop of Trier. Then it became the seat of a nobleman directly dependent on the emperor. Baron Zahnd von Merl zu Lissingen completed the former water castle with several buildings to the present complex. Since the 19th century it has been in possession of bourgeois families. It was then used as an estate for many years. 1987 a new proprietor started a careful restoration of the castle carefully. At the present time the castle has a restaurant and  rooms for cultural events.

Opening-hours: castle pasture with path of sculptures open all year

Extras: Premises for cultural events, markets, exhibitions, presentations, celebrations and weddings.

Catering: Castle Restaurant

© 2007 digital-workforce
SitePower by SAT
Route Gottfried von Bouillon e.V. Präsident: Bankverbindung:
Schlossstr. 36 Prof. Dr. Klaus Tiepelmann Vereinigte Volksbank Cochem
D-56812 Cochem   BLZ 587 901 00
  Stellv. Präsident: Konto 6599.08
Tel.: 0 26 71 / 2 55 Udo Petschnigg, MBA
Fax: 0 26 71 / 5691   Vereinsregister Koblenz
info@route-gottfried-von-bouillon.de   Registernummer VR 3030